The Jewish calendar is filled with holidays and festivals that commemorate important milestones in our history as well as nature's cycle in the Holy Land. Our observance of these ranges from the solemn (Yom Kippur) to the joyous (Sukkot, Simchat Torah, Chanukah, Tu B'Shevat, Passover and Shavuot) to the downright silly (Purim). We also commemorate more recent events in our people's history, such as Yom HaShoah. For each of these annual occasions, we have strived to create a service appropriate to the occasion.
Service, communal dinner, traditional study (Tikkun Leil Shavuot)
Join us as we observe the holiday of Tisha b'Av – a day of mourning for all the calamities that have befallen the Jewish people. Join our clergy in song and prayer as we read from the book of Eicha (Lamentations).
- Celebrate the New Year and usher in the High Holy Days with the TBE Community.
- Join us in prayer during the evening service on the Day of Atonement.
- The most solemn religious holy day of the Jewish year, the last of the ten days of penitence that begin with Rosh Hashanah.
-Service in our own Sukkah.
- Joyous procession with our Torahs and Israeli dancing. Click here to order dinner.
Thursday, October 16
6:00 pm: Yizkor (Yizkor, meaning "remember", is recited as part of the prayer service four times during the year.)
- Join us for our annual Community Shabbat Chanukah service, celebration and dinner.
- A congregational seder designed around fruits and nuts.
- Join us for a festive holiday celebration that includes shpeils, costume parades, tikkun olam, a carnival and more! Check out our Facebook page to view pictures of our previous Purim events!
Check out pictures from Passover Pathways at TBE, Sunday, April 6, 2014