- Community Engagement
What the Racial Wealth Gap Looks Like Today with TBE Online
- Monday, December 7
- 7:00 PM to 8:30 PM
What the Racial Wealth Gap Looks Like Today (and What We Can Do About It)
• Home ownership rates: 41.8% Blacks vs. 71% whites
• Median Household income with new baby: $36,300 for Black families vs. $80,000 for white families.
• Earnings with a college degrees: Blacks earn 73.4 cents on the dollar compared to whites.
• Median retirement balances: Families with Black heads of households have a median retirement balance of $46,100 vs. $151,000 White heads of household
• Median inheritance: Black families $38,224 vs. White families $56,217
Join the Racial Justice Initiative to learn the history of these wealth disparities, and actions today to create racial and economic justice for all Americans. Our distinguished panelists are: Quincy Miller, founding member of The New Commonwealth Racial Equity and Social Justice Fund and President, Eastern Bank; and Segun Idowu, Executive Director of the Black Economic Council of Massachusetts (BECMA).
TBE’s Racial Justice Initiative seeks to increase our understanding and activism to address ongoing discrimination and inequality.
This event will take place through a video conference call. Pre-registration is required. Please click the registration button above to pre-register. Once you have registered, your unique access link will be emailed to you. If you’re new to Zoom, watch a tutorial on how to join a Zoom call.
Organizer / CONTACT PERSON
- Ediss Gandelman
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org