- This event has passed.
- Toddler to Teen
Remote: Explorations Hebrew (Grades 4-5) Sunday Session
- Sunday, November 24
- 11:15 AM to 1:15 PM
Students in grades 4 & 5 Explorations programs participate in small-group Hebrew learning sessions. Our Hebrew curriculum is designed to parallel the learning that occurs in Limud in Grades 4 – 5. Using a variety of innovative methods, we aim for each student to achieve the following to the best of his/her ability:
- To recognize, read and understand the Hebrew letters and vowels;
- To learn to decode Hebrew words and read them with clarity;
- To develop and strengthen Hebrew prayer reading skills, with a focus on fluency as well as meaning;
- Through participation in weekly T’filah (worship services), to practice the prayers learned in class and find meaning in communal prayer experiences;
- To develop a personal connection to Hebrew prayer, and enjoy the learning process.