Temple Beth Elohim is a warm and inclusive Reform congregation, dedicated to creating a sacred community engaged in joyous, participatory and meaningful prayer, lifelong Jewish learning, excellence and innovation in education, and dedicated social activism. We are a magnet congregation of more than 1,200 families from more than 37 different cities and towns from the suburbs of Boston.
We are committed to realizing the idea of our synagogue as a sacred home driven by Jewish values.
We are steadfast in our efforts to cultivate an open and caring atmosphere in which all members are actively involved in the life of the congregation, the State of Israel, and the local, national and international Jewish
communities, building bridges of understanding with other faith communities through communication, study, and a respectful exchange of thoughts and ideas.
We honor and value the uniqueness of every Jewish journey and try to provide many points of entry and opportunities for connection. Torah (Learning), Avodah (worship) and Gemilut Chasadim (acts of loving kindness) remain our most precious gateways to spiritual sustenance. Our vision is of a community like no other in your life.
We dream of a warm, caring and inclusive community dedicated to nurturing a vibrant spiritual Jewish life. We strive to use our unique gifts and offerings to help develop our synagogue community as a place of discovery and meaning. At TBE you will be part of an environment where you are surrounded by blessing and you are never alone.
TBE is ..
- Where Torah learning is alive, lived, and embraced by lifelong learners, woven into the very fabric of our culture, informing every action and decision and expressed through our worship, meetings,
conversation, and social action
- Where we demonstrate our commitment to excellence and innovation, with ongoing self-reflection and evaluation, and through an integration of formal and informal multi-generational and multi-sensory
- Where you will find a strong partnership of lay and professional leaders, and actively participating members
- Where Jewish values are learned and lived in all aspects of synagogue life, evident in the way we speak with and care for one another
- Where prayer is diverse and meaningful, rich with music and song, inspiring continual spiritual growth and reaching all generations
- Where you will find a community to support you in your times of need, and to celebrate with you in your times of joy
- Where you feel a connection to Israel as home and family, especially through our continually deepening relationship with our two sister congregations in Haifa
- Where you feel a sense of belonging as you are warmly greeted at a Shabbat service, or remembered by name by fellow congregants and clergy
- Where you tell stories and share yourself and are welcomed and embraced Where you are surrounded by blessing and
- Where you are never alone
Temple Beth Elohim welcomes individuals with all abilities to our services and functions. It is important to us that everyone is able to participate fully as a member of our congregation or as a visitor. The building is fully wheelchair accessible and hearing assistance devices are available. If you or a family member has special needs, please let our clergy or the ushers know. We would be happy help!