Welcome to our Community!
This page provides resources to help our newest members feel at home at TBE!
Please reach out to any one of us with your questions:
Lisa Zalkind, Chair, New Member Welcome Committee, [email protected]
Susan Karon, Member Engagement Manager, [email protected]
How to Get Involved at TBE
There are so many ways to participate in TBE life! The following resources can help you get started.
- Adult Engagement Form — Download this form summarizing all the ways to get involved at TBE. Simply check off items of interest, and return to Susan Karon. We will make a connection for you!
- Email Lists — Subscribe to email lists for specific groups and interest areas. You’ll be kept up to date with program information.
- TBE Communications –– Read our weekly TBENews e-blast and monthly bulletin to stay informed of TBE happenings. See more below.
- How to Get Involved Fair — Each fall, we host a community-wide event so all our members can learn about programs and committees at TBE. Watch for the date and join in!
Request a TBE Buddy
We invite new members to take part in our TBE Buddies program in which we match you (or your family) with a 'buddy' at TBE. Your buddy will be a congregant with whom you share some similarities, such as your life stage, interests, or the town where you live. He or she will be your personal resource and guide helping ease your transition and find ways to become involved and connected here.
If you would like to be matched with a friendly congregant, contact Susan Karon, Member Engagement Manager, [email protected] or 781-235-8419 x243
Meet with our Clergy
Our Rabbis and Cantors invite all new members to meet with them as they settle in to life at TBE. Share your background and your aspirations. Get your questions answered in comfortable one-on-one meetings.
To make an appointment, contact Rachel Maillet, Senior Executive Assistant to the Clergy, at [email protected] or at 781-235-8419 x204
Check out the TBE Glossary
Throughout the years we’ve created new program names, often in Hebrew or shortened to acronyms, and sometimes our names can make a new member feel even ‘newer!’ Our TBE Glossary is a guide to words you will hear around our community. Click to download our TBE Glossary, and you will know just how to get to the Beit Midrash for your TBElle class!
Read our Programs Tips
Here are some informational guidelines based on past inquiries from new members.
- TBE offers both one-time programs and multi-week engagements, so you can be sure to find an opportunity that fits your schedule
- Some programs require advance sign up, for others, just show up!
- We hope you will join a volunteer committee. It’s a great way to feel more connected to TBE. To do so, simply contact the co-chair or VP of the specific area (emails on our website).
- Occasionally programs require fees to cover costs; please contact us if these costs are a hardship
- No “joining” is required for Sisterhood or Men’s Club programs – all are welcome!
- At our Shabbat dinners and other dinner programs, we purposefully assign tables so that new and current members can meet, and no one feels alone.
Get to Know TBE Communications
- Monthly Bulletin: A comprehensive TBE resource: letters from clergy and lay leadership, program information, congregant articles and more. Look for your monthly bulletin in the mail. “Lost” in a pile? You can always find it online, via a link on the right hand side of our home page!
- TBENews - Weekly E-blasts: The latest program information sent via email. All new members are automatically subscribed to our e-blasts. (Note: check your spam or promotions folders if you are not receiving them.)
- TBE Email Lists: Sign up to receive email communications about communities of interest to you.
- Website: Everything TBE in its pages! Click through for program and contact information and links to sign up for events of interest.
- Special Emails: From time to time, TBE sends out important emails for all our members. Please read them to stay informed about our temple community.
- TBE Google group: This private group/email is self-moderated. Congregants use it for all types of primarily non-TBE activities … to rent homes, sell tickets, get a reference for a plumber, and more! To join, email congregant Beth Nast at [email protected]