Who We Are
Temple Beth Elohim is a warm
and inclusive Reform congregation, dedicated to creating a sacred
community engaged in joyous, participatory and meaningful prayer,
lifelong Jewish learning, excellence and innovation in education, and
dedicated social activism. We are a diverse community of more than 1,000 families from more than 30 cities and towns in the metrowest suburbs of Boston.
We are committed to realizing the idea
of our synagogue as a sacred home driven by Jewish values.
steadfast in our efforts to cultivate an open and caring atmosphere in
which all members are actively involved in the life of the congregation,
the State of Israel, and the local, national and international Jewish
bridges of understanding with other faith communities through
communication, study, and a respectful exchange of thoughts and ideas.
We honor and value the uniqueness of every
Jewish journey and try to provide many points of entry and opportunities
for connection. Torah (Learning), Avodah (worship) and Gemilut Chasadim (acts of loving kindness) remain our most precious gateways to spiritual sustenance.
Our vision is of a community like no other in your life.
We dream of a warm, caring and inclusive community dedicated to
nurturing a vibrant spiritual Jewish life. We strive to use our unique
gifts and offerings to help develop our synagogue community as a place
of discovery and meaning. At TBE you will be part of an environment where you are surrounded by blessing and you are never alone.
TBE is ..
Temple Beth Elohim welcomes individuals with all abilities
to our services and functions. It is important to us that everyone is able to
participate fully as a member of our congregation or as a visitor. The building is fully wheelchair accessible and hearing assistance devices are available. If you or a family member has special needs
please let our clergy or the ushers know. We would be happy help!
- Where Torah learning is alive, lived, and embraced by
lifelong learners, woven into the very fabric of our culture, informing
every action and decision and expressed through our worship, meetings,
conversation, and social action
- Where we demonstrate our commitment to excellence and
innovation, with ongoing self-reflection and evaluation, and through an
integration of formal and informal multi-generational and multi-sensory
- Where you will find a strong partnership of lay and professional leaders, and actively participating members
- Where Jewish values are learned and lived in all
aspects of synagogue life, evident in the way we speak with and care for
- Where prayer is diverse and meaningful, rich with
music and song, inspiring continual spiritual growth and reaching all
- Where you will find a community to support you in your times of need, and to celebrate with you in your times of joy
- Where you feel a connection to Israel as home
and family, especially through our continually deepening relationship
with our two sister congregations in Haifa
- Where you feel a sense of belonging as you are warmly greeted at a
Shabbat service, or remembered by name by fellow congregants and clergy
- Where you tell stories and share yourself and are welcomed and embraced
- Where you are surrounded by blessing and
- Where you are never alone