Greeters & Docents
It is a very simple act that leaves a lasting impression. Reaching out to others to help them feel comfortable and welcome is the heart and soul of being a greeter or a docent. Greeters strengthen relationships and create a caring and warm environment. Docents provide tours of our new Makom on an as need basis. TBE is our home. We want all who enter to feel as if they are a part of our congregational family our sacred community. That is why it is critical that we have an on-going group of greeters. Being a greeter is easy and it's fun! Greeter Guidelines.
Visit VolunteerSpot to sign up to be a greeter or docent or contact Carol Salter.
What greeters do . . .
- Provide that all-important first impression.
- Provide a sense of warmth and welcome.
- Help those who are new to TBE find their way.
- Provide assistance when necessary.
What is expected . . .
- Give of yourself just a couple of times per year.
- Targeted responsibility & self-limited time commitment.
When are greeters needed . . .
- Friday night Shabbat services
How Can You Help . . .
- Help us share our gracious Jewish spirit to all who come to Temple Beth Elohim.